Financial Advice – Disclosure
The information provided in this disclosure document is important
License status and conditions
Grason Insurance Ltd. (FSP690731) holds a license issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the financial advice given
Grason Insurance Ltd. provides advice to our clients about their life, trauma, income, health and general insurances.
We provide financial advice about products from a large range of providers.
We do not provide advice on investments, kiwi saver, mortgages or any financial planning services.
Any financial advice provided on our behalf will take account only of the information you have given us about your particular needs, financial situation or goals.
No fees, expenses or other amounts payable for our financial advice
We do not charge any fees, expenses or any other amounts for financial advice given to you.
If the financial adviser recommends any insurance policies for you, you will be informed of the costs of the policies.
Conflicts of interest and commissions or other incentives
For life, trauma, income, health and general insurances, Grason Insurance Ltd and the financial adviser receive commissions from the insurance companies on whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Grason Insurance Ltd and your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritize the client’s interest above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance program annually by a reputable compliance consultancy firm.
Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of the financial advice you have received from us, you may contact us using any of the following means:
– in writing:
Grason Insurance Ltd
22 Gordon Ave, Te Aroha 3320
– by telephone:027 230 2384
– by email:Admin@Grasoninsurance.com
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
• We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
• We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
• We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
• If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited.
Dispute resolution process
If our internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
We are a member of the Financial Services Complaints Limited’s approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact the Financial Services Complaints Limited at:
Financial Services Complaints Limited
Level 4, Sybase House, 101 Lambton Quay
Telephone: 0800 347 257 (freephone if within New Zealand) or +64 4 472 3725 (if calling outside New Zealand)
Postal: P O Box 5967, Wellington 6140
Grason Insurance Ltd, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
• give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
• exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
• meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
• meet standards of ethical behavior, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
The Code of Conduct standards can be read here: https://www.fma.govt.nz/assets/assets/code-of-professional-conduct-for-financial-advice-services.pdf.
Grason Insurance Ltd (FSP690731) is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Grason Insurance Ltd.
027 230 2384